CONDITIONS OF USE
Tampering with the site, misrepresenting the identity of a user, using buying agents or conducting fraudulent activities on the site are prohibited.
In these terms and conditions, "we" and "us" means Courts and "you" means the person, firm or corporation purchasing the Goods indicated in your Sales Order. Unless the context requires otherwise, words spelt with initial capitalized letters are defined terms and shall bear the meanings set out in these terms and conditions. Except to the extent that the subject matter or context may otherwise require in these terms and conditions, (i) expressions including the singular may indicate the plural and vice versa, (ii) expressions indicating any particular gender may indicate all other genders and (iii) expressions indicating bodies corporate may also indicate natural persons and vice versa.
In these terms and conditions:-
- "Acknowledgement" means our email acknowledgement of receipt of your Sales Order.
- "Agreement" means these terms and conditions together with your Sales Order and the Sales Confirmation;
- "Courts" means Courts (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.;
- "Goods" means any product listed on the Courts Webstore and for the purposes of these terms and conditions includes services;
- "Invoice" means the invoice issued by us to you showing the price of your Goods and which is your proof of purchase;
- "Price" means the price ascribed to any Goods as set out in the Courts Webstore or as intended by Courts to be set out in the Courts Webstore, as appropriate
- "Sales Order" means the electronic purchase you made on www.courts.com.my
- "Sales Transaction Number" means your Goods confirmation number issued by us to you upon our acceptance of your Sales Order.
Only persons aged 18 years and above may submit the Sales Order or make any orders, purchases or any other form of request on the Courts Webstore.
1.1 Sales Order
All Sales Orders submitted to Courts through the Courts Webstore are subject to our acceptance. Sales Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and Courts will take place on the dispatch to you of the purchased Goods, and until that time we reserve the right to reject your Sales Order. Courts shall be entitled to cancel or terminate the obligations to fulfill any Sales Order, for any reason whatsoever, even after a Sales Order is confirmed by, and paid for by the customer, with or without notice and we shall not be liable to any party for such termination or cancellation
In such event, we shall refund to the customer the price of the Goods purchased.
1.2 Payment Terms
- Unless otherwise stated, all Prices quoted are inclusive of goods and services tax.
- Unless otherwise stated, all payments to be made through the Courts Webstore shall be made using credit card payment (where you are the cardholder of that card) or as we may from time to time allow so and shall be made in accordance with such procedures as we may from time to time specify.
- You may also use our electronic digital coupons during payment. Digital coupons will be issued with their own set of conditions and they are specific to each version of the coupon. Please refer to the specific terms that come with the usage of digital coupons.
1.3 Payment Processing
Payment options ranging from VISA®, MASTERCARD®, and AMERICAN EXPRESS® credit card are accepted at Courts.
Courts also offers in-house installment plans known as Courts Flexi Plans. A 60-month term is applicable on selected product categories. Application is subject to approval. In-house Flexi Plans policies apply.
Courts Gift Cards and vouchers may be used for the purchase of any item(s) of merchandise, except concessionary products, at any Courts store in Malaysia.
- Valid for 12 months from date of issue.
- No replacements for damaged, lost or expired Gift Cards / vouchers.
- Gift Cards / vouchers are not exchangeable for cash and unutilized amounts will not be refunded.
- Vouchers are only valid with an authorized Courts company stamp.
1.4 Using Promotional Codes
We may from time to time offer promotional discount codes which may apply in respect of any, or certain specified, purchases made through this Courts Webstore. Only one promotional discount code can be applied to an order. Promotional discount codes reflected on digital coupons are debited at the time an order is placed. Digital coupons will automatically be redeemed against purchase totals, up to the total purchase amount. Digital coupons must be used prior to their noted expiration date and within a single transaction. Coupon cannot be replaced if it is lost, stolen, deleted, or if you cancel or return your purchase. In the event where the total purchase value is below the coupon value, the excess value of the coupon will not be refunded. Coupon will not be applicable with any other promotions that may be promoted in Courts Webstore, unless otherwise stated. The terms and conditions stated in each digital coupon shall be final and conclusive.
2 Errors on Our Site
Prices and availability of Goods are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and Courts reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions including after a Sales Order has been submitted and whether or not the Sales Order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your Sales Order is cancelled, Courts will issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge. Individual bank policies will dictate when this amount is credited to your account. If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may return it in accordance with the terms set out in "Cancellations, Exchanges and Returns" below.
3 Delivery & Collection Conditions
If you choose for the Goods to be delivered to you, delivery charges of RM59.00 or RM99.00 per Sales Order will be charged for delivery and added to the price of your Goods and reflected in your Sales Order. All Goods purchased from us will only be delivered to addresses within Malaysia. No delivery will be made outside Malaysia or to post office boxes
If you choose for the Goods to be collected please bring along these items at the time of collection:
- Your Identity Card (a photo ID)
- The purchasing credit card, which should be in your name (unless otherwise permitted by us)
- The confirmation email from Courts
Collection can be done 3 calendar days (if you made your purchase from Monday to Thursday or Sunday) or 4 calendar days (if you made your purchase on a Friday or Saturday) after the confirmation of the relevant Sales Order or the stipulated date in your purchase confirmation email in the selected store during the opening hours.
However, if the Goods are not collected within 14 days from the date on which the Goods are ready for collection, a Courts representative will contact you. If you still do not collect your purchases within 7 days from the notification call, Courts may charge RM100 for storage and administration or cancel the order with no possibility of a refund. Courts reserves the rights not to entertain the collection or fulfil the Sales Order should the Goods remain uncollected 1 months after your Sales Order unless prior approval has been sought in writing from an authorized Courts representative citing reasons for the late collection.
4 Cancellations, Exchanges & Returns
4.1 Hassle-Free Exchange Policy – Now extended to 30 days. If you change your mind, that's cool with us.
If you're not totally happy with the product you purchased, you can bring it back to the store where it was where they were originally purchased from, within 30 days (from date of purchase/delivery, whichever is later). Please bring along the sales confirmation email at time of return/exchange.
- Bring the product (excludes display set items) back in its original condition, including the box, with the guarantee card and your valid purchase receipt from Courts.
- On returning the goods, please note that free gifts, vouchers, accessories associated with the purchase must also be returned at the same time.
- If returning software and ink cartridges, it must be unopened.
- In the event of a cancellation with no exchange in product, a refund will be given in the same mode of payment that was used in the original purchase.
- Certain categories of products cannot be exchanged. These include Apple Products, Personal Digital Assistant (PDA), Mobile Phone, Game Console, Made-to-order/ Custom-Made, Air-Conditioner (once installed), Home Appliances (once used), Mattresses and Assembled Furniture. Personal Care Products, Headsets and Earphones are not allowed for exchange due to hygiene reasons.
- If a higher-value exchange is required under an installment plan purchase, then a new installment plan agreement must be sanctioned.
- If delivery has taken place, then the refund will exclude delivery charges paid.
4.2 Sales Cancellation
Courts reserves the right to refund you the Price of any Goods which has been paid and received by Courts, even after the relevant Sales Order is confirmed and payment has been received by us, in lieu of delivery or supply of such Goods.
4.3 Exchange / Return Policy
In accordance with the Consumer Protection Act 1999, Courts reserves the right to prove (or, if the breach appears more than 1 months after delivery, require you to disprove) that the product was of satisfactory quality and otherwise complied with the terms of purchase at the time of delivery.
- Bring the product back, with the guarantee card and your valid purchase receipt from Courts.
- On returning the Goods, please note that free gifts, vouchers, accessories associated with the purchase must also be returned at the same time.
- If the repair or replacement is not reasonably possible or cannot be done within a reasonable period of time and without significant inconvenience to you, you may keep the defective Good and ask for a partial refund, or return the defective Good and ask for a full refund. Please note that the amount of the full refund will take into account the Good’s current state resulting from your use.
- For Headsets and Earphones, you will need to send the products back to the manufacturer authorized office.
- If delivery has taken place, then the refund will exclude delivery charges paid.
In the event of a refund, the Price paid with respect to the relevant Goods shall automatically be refunded to the credit card with which the purchase was made. If delivery has taken place, refunds will exclude the delivery charges paid.
Please note the normal processing time for refund requests is 4 - 6 weeks from date of request.
5 Title; Risk of Loss
Title to, and risk of loss of or damage to, Goods purchased shall pass to you upon delivery of the purchased Goods to you.
6 Courts Extended Warranty
In the event that you apply for Courts' extended warranty (the provisions, Terms and Conditions of which are incorporated herein by reference) and Courts accepts your application, you hereby acknowledge that you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions of the extended warranty, and agree to comply with those terms.
7 Product Warranty
With respect to Courts branded Goods, we make no warranties except those stated in the Courts warranty card supplied with your Goods, or in the case of any extended warranty issued by us, such extended warranty documentation, for which provisions, terms and conditions are incorporated herein by reference. Such warranty does not cover software purchased hereunder. You hereby agree to refer to the relevant software license for the warranties which apply to your software.
8 Limitation of Liability
These terms and conditions set out the full extent of our obligations and liabilities in respect of the supply of the Goods and performance of any services in relation thereto and there are no other warranties, conditions or terms that are binding on us except as expressly stated herein. Any warranty, condition or term concerning the Goods which might otherwise be implied or incorporated in these terms and conditions by statute, common law or otherwise is hereby expressly excluded. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions (a) excludes, restricts or modifies any condition, warranty, right or liability implied into these terms and conditions (including any condition, warranty, right or liability) where to do so is illegal or would render any provision hereof void; or (b) shall limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
Subject to the foregoing, we shall not be liable for any loss of income, loss of profits, loss of contracts, loss of data or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise. Our maximum aggregate liability hereunder whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise shall in no circumstances exceed the price of the Goods paid by you to us.
9 Product Display/Colors
Courts Webstore attempts to display product images shown on the site as accurately as possible. However, we cannot guarantee that the colour you see matches the product colour, as the display of the colour depends, in part, upon the monitor you are using. Where there are accessories or furnishings included in the product image, they are used purely for illustration purposes and will not be included in the final sale of the product.
10 Reviews, Comments, Communications and Other Content
Visitors may post reviews, comments and other content; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam". You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a credit card or any other matter. Courts reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.
If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Courts a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant Courts and sub-licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify Courts for all claims resulting (whether directly or indirectly) from content you supply. Courts has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. Courts takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
In addition, if you wish to share feedback with us about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery or other customer service issues, please do not submit this feedback through a product review. Instead, contact us directly.
By using the Courts Webstore, you expressly agree that use of the Courts Webstore is at your sole risk. The Courts Webstore is provided on an "AS IS" and "as available" basis. Neither Courts nor affiliates, subsidiaries or designees nor each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, third-party content providers, designers, contractors, distributors, merchants, sponsors, licensors or the like (collectively, "Associates") warrant that use of the Courts Webstore will be uninterrupted or error-free. Neither Courts Webstore nor its Associates warrant the accuracy, integrity or completeness of the content provided on the Courts Webstore or the products or services offered for sale on the Courts Webstore. Further, Courts Webstore makes no representation that content provided on the Courts Webstore is applicable to, or appropriate for use in, locations outside of Malaysia. Courts and its Associates specifically disclaim all warranties, whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. No oral advice or written information given by Courts Webstore or its Associates shall create a warranty.
Under no circumstances shall Courts or its Associates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from your use of or inability to use the Courts Webstore, including but not limited to reliance by you on any information obtained from the Courts Webstore that results in mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion or corruption of files, viruses, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance. The foregoing Limitation of Liability shall apply in any action, whether in contract, tort or any other claim, even if an authorized representative of Courts has been advised of or should have knowledge of the possibility of such damages. User hereby acknowledges that this paragraph shall apply to all content, merchandise and services available through the Courts Webstore.
13 Entire Agreement
These terms and conditions together with your Sales Order constitute the entire agreement between us and you in relation to your purchase of the Goods and supersede any and all statements or other agreements (oral or written) between you and us.
14 Termination of Use
Courts may, in its sole discretion, terminate your account or your use of the Courts Webstore at any time. You are personally liable for any orders that you place or charges that you incur prior to termination. Courts reserve the right to change, suspend or discontinue all or any aspects of the Courts Webstore at any time without prior notice.
15 Governing Law
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the law of Malaysia. Both we and you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.