PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT
Courts (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (154820-D) (hereinafter referred to as “Courts”, “we”, “us” or “our”, as the case may be) respects your privacy. We treat and view your personal data seriously. This Personal Data & Privacy Notice is issued to all our valued customers and members including purchasers and prospective purchasers of credit sale transactions, pursuant to the requirements of the Malaysia Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
Personal Information & Data Collection
In the course of your dealings with us, you would have supplied and may continue from time to time to supply data and information about yourself and/or your family ("Personal Data”) to enable us to enter into transaction with you or to deliver the necessary services and/or products in connection with our business or to process your application for credit facility and/or to enter into any credit sale agreement with you. Your Personal Data will also include data relating to you obtained from any credit bureau(s) which we subscribe to. We shall therefore process and use your personal data, which shall include your name, contact number, email address and mailing address, occupation details and all such personal information as you may have provided to us, with care and in accordance with the statutory provisions.
Why do we collect Personal Data?
Personal Data you provide will be collected, used and otherwise processed by us for, but not limited to, the following purposes:
- the delivery of services or products and the marketing of such services or products whether present or future, to you;
- member or customer relationship management procedures;
- conducting marketing and client pro ling activities in connection with our services and related products;
- meeting any legal or regulatory requirements by us or any member companies of our Group;
- enable us to send you information by e-mail, telecommunication means (telephone calls or text messages) or social media about products and services offered that we think may interest you;
- for the purpose of any contests or promotions organised by Courts; and/or
- enable us to determine your credit standing and the amount and conditions of the credit facility to be extended to you by Courts in any
credit sale transaction including any past, present and future credit sale agreement(s) entered into or to be entered into with you;
to obtain and/or disclose any Credit Information (as de ned in the CRA Act 2010) from and/or to Credit Reporting Agencies or any source
deemed appropriate to verify your credit history in relation to your transaction with us. This consent shall remain applicable as long as you
are maintaining any transaction with us.
What are the effects arising from failure to provide Personal Data?
Please understand that should you provide insu cient information, inaccurate information or decline to provide obligatory information that we request for, we may not be able to process your requirements and/or requests and ultimately be unable to provide you with your requirements and/or requests.
Personal Data provided to us will generally be kept con dential but you hereby consent and authorize us to provide or disclose your Personal
Data to the following categories of parties:-
- any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law or in response to a competent or government agency;
- any related companies and subsidiaries of the Courts group, within and outside Malaysia, including those established in the future;
- our business partners and online a liates that provide related services or products in connection with our business;
- government agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- our insurers, auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or other nancial or professional advisers;
- our sub-contractors or third party service or product providers as may determine to be necessary or appropriate; and
- any credit bureau(s) which we subscribe to.
We shall keep and process your data in a secure manner. We endeavour, where practicable, to implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent the unauthorized or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your Personal Data.
Your Rights of Access and Correction
Subject to the exceptions provided under Malaysian law, you can obtain information about your personal data stored by Courts and, may request access to see any information stored about you and request correction, updating, deletion or disabling of the same at any time. Kindly contact us in writing at the contact details provided below for this purpose. Should you have any queries, objections or complaints about the processing of your personal data or if you wish to limit the processing of your personal data or if you wish to withdraw consents to process the data which you have provided voluntarily, please contact us in writing using the contact details provided below.
Courts (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (154820-D)
No 36, Jalan Genting Kelang, Setapak
53300 Kuala Lumpur
Attention: Personal Data Protection Department
In the event of any con ict between the version in English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.