Extended Warranty (Electrical & I.T.)
You have selected the duration of the Contract you require for the product purchased by you ("Product") on the sales receipt/invoice concerned and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions governing the Contract as set out herein.
The Product must be purchased new from COURTS (as defined below) and if not purchased simultaneously with the Product, the Contract relating to the Product must be purchased by you within 30 days from the delivery date of the Product. The duration of the Contract is between 2 to 5 years commencing from the purchase date or delivery date of your Product (whichever is later) and expires on the relevant anniversary of the selected period chosen.
The Contract only covers a Product which:
- is purchased new from COURTS.
- is manufactured for use in Malaysia.
- has, at the time of purchase, the manufacturer's complete and original warranty that is valid in Malaysia.
- in the case of consumer Products such as electronics and major appliances, is or has been limited to domestic and personal use. Office Products such as facsimile machines, copiers and computers are covered for small office/home office use only.
In this Contract, the following words have the following meanings:
- "we," "us" and "our" or "COURTS" refer to COURTS (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (154820-D);
- "you" and "your" refer to the Customer or Purchaser and if applicable, the Co-Purchaser of the Product covered by the Contract.
- "Coverage" means coverage for mechanical and electrical defects in the Product including where applicable, the Rechargeable Battery attached to such Product and with additional benefits such as International Coverage (defined below), Accidental Damage (defined below), Power Surge Protection (defined below) and Food Spoilage Protection (defined below).
Product - The repair service coverage is for mechanical and electrical defects in the Product purchased by you under this Contract. If it is too costly or we are unable to repair your Product, we have the option to replace your Product with another of like kind, quality and specifications less allowance for deterioration and depreciation due to market value at our discretion. Due to technological advances, the replaced product may be of a lower retail value than the faulty Product. Replacement parts may be new, original or non-original manufacturer's parts that conform to factory specifications and shall be determined at our discretion. If the Product is replaced, the replaced Product will continue to be covered under the Contract on the same terms until the expiry of the Contract. The faulty Product replaced becomes the property of COURTS.
Rechargeable Battery attached to Product - The repair service coverage is for mechanical and electrical defects in the Rechargeable Battery attached to the Product purchased by you under this Contract. If it is too costly or we are unable to repair the Rechargeable Battery, we will replace (one time only) the original battery attached to the Product purchased by you if the Rechargeable Battery cannot be charged under all circumstances. This repair service coverage is for 1 year from the purchase date or delivery date of your Product (whichever is later).
This repair service coverage for Rechargeable Battery attached to the Product applies only to repairs and replacements done in Malaysia.
Additional Benefits - Under the master insurance policy issued by AIG Malaysia Insurance Berhad ("AIG"), which COURTS has taken for the benefit of its customers who have purchased a Product under the Contract, you are entitled to the following:-
International Coverage for Product (excluding Rechargeable Battery attached) - This coverage is for mechanical and electrical defects, to be serviced at a manufacturer or authorised service centre outside of Malaysia. You are required to provide details of your new address if you have relocated to a foreign country. Neither we nor our insurer, AIG shall bear any responsibility if the manufacturer of your Product does not provide any service or support at the new geographic location. Subject to the aforesaid requirement, you may contact the nearest manufacturer or authorised service center for repairs. If the cost estimate of the requisite repair exceeds 65% of the purchase price of the Product or, if the manufacturer or authorised service centre determines that a replacement is necessary, you must call the COURTS Cover Extended Warranty HotLine or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain further instructions and authorisation for repair or replacement prior to undertaking any repair or replacement. We have the sole discretion to determine if the Product should be repaired or replaced. You must also contact COURTS Cover Extended Warranty Hotline or e-mail us at email@example.com to arrange for the submission, within 60 days of the repair or replacement, the original repair or replacement invoice and/or job sheet that includes a statement of the problem, the service performed and a breakdown of the repair cost with a copy of the sales receipt / invoice. An approved claim will be reimbursed to you in Malaysian currency at the applicable exchange rate prevailing at the time of the claim.
If you are permanently residing in Malaysia, you are only entitled to a one-time only repair or replacement of the Product under the International Coverage. If you have relocated to a destination outside Malaysia or, do not permanently reside in Malaysia, you may, under the International Coverage, repair the Product up to the limit of the purchase price paid for the Product (the "Limit") until the Limit is exhausted or the Product is replaced, whichever is earlier.
The International coverage will be effective from the purchase date or delivery date (whichever is later) until the earlier of (i) the Limit is exhausted, (ii) the Product is replaced, or (iii) the expiry of the Contract.
*Food Spoilage Protection - if food items are spoilt due to a faulty refrigerator covered under the Contract, you will be reimbursed for such food spoilage up to a total of RM200 per incident provided that we have been notified of the food spoilage within 2 working days of the incident and the same has been verified and inspected by our authorised repairer and properly documented.
*Accidental Damage & Power Surge Protection - This repair service coverage is for:
(i) Mechanical or electrical defects of the Product caused by accidental damage due to physical impact (such as cracked screen) and spillage of liquids (collectively referred to as "Accidental Damage"); and
(ii) Mechanical or electrical defects of the Product caused by power surge ("Power Surge Protection"). For such loss, AIG may join with any other insurance company in repairing, reinstating or replacing the Product that is damaged where the Product is insured elsewhere. In cases where the Product is replaced with another of like kind, quality and specifications, the replacement may be a different model; be made by a different manufacturer; not include the identical features and functions as the Product covered under the Contract. You are only entitled to make a one-time claim from AIG for repair services under Accidental Damage and Power Surge Protection respectively. Accidental Damage does not cover damage due to negligence, omission or default. Accidental Damage and Power Surge Protection will be effective from the purchase date or delivery date (whichever is later) until the earlier of (i) the one-time claim, or (ii) the expiry of 3 years from such purchase date or delivery date, as the case may be. Claims in relation to Accidental Damage and Power Surge Protection must be made in writing and submitted to us within 7 working days of the incident.
Exclusion & Limitation of Liability:
The terms and conditions of the master insurance policy shall form an integral part of this Contract and you are required to comply with the same in order to enjoy the benefits. Details of such terms and conditions are available for your study before your purchase of this Contract and a copy of such terms and conditions will be furnished to you on request. The master insurance policy does not cover the following acts, circumstance or event:
- losses that do not occur within the period of insurance;
- losses caused by illegal acts committed by you;
- losses that are intentionally caused by you;
- losses due to war (whether war has been declared or not), civil commotion, uprising, martial law, riot or the act of any lawfully constituted authority;
- losses due to the order of any government, public authority or customs' officials;
- an act in contravention of a government prohibition or regulation or law;
- invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power;
- an act of terrorism.
Our and AIG's liability will not, under any circumstances, extend to any loss or injury to a person or loss or damage to property or any incidental, contingent, special or any direct or indirect loss and consequential damages including but not limited to losses incurred due to any delay in rendering any services related to this Contract and/or loss of use during the period that your Product is at an authorised repairer and/or while awaiting replacement parts.
Neither COURTS nor AIG will be liable under the Contract if you do not submit the Product to an authorized repairer for repair before (a) the expiry of the Contract or (b) if a breakdown report has been submitted before the expiry of the Contract, within 30 days of its breakdown.
Exclusions from Coverage:
- Products that are still covered by the manufacturer's original written warranty, repairer's warranty, or any other warranty in effect.
- Problems or defects not covered under the original manufacturer's primary written warranty.
- Any defects that are subject to the manufacturer's recall.
- Your failure to comply with the manufacturer's recommendations to you on routine maintenance, inspection, cleaning, lubrication, external adjustments or alignments and any other instructions.
- Non-operating and cosmetic items, paint, color, or Product finish; accessories used in or with the Product; cables, cords, cartridges and stylus, tapes or software (including software bundled with a personal computer); add-on options incorporated in a Product for which options are not essential to the basic function of the Product.
- Unauthorised modifications made to the Product and/or problems/defects arising from such unauthorized modifications; altered serial numbers; failure to follow manufacturers' instructions on installation, operation or maintenance; repairs performed by non-authorised repairer; any items not affecting the function of the Product; image burn.
- Software (including operating system and any stored data), defects resulting directly from software installation and or removal, computer virus, virus prevention, and other peripherals.
- Repairs to hardware that has been added after the original purchase of the Product.
- Consumables such as vacuum cleaner belts, toner, print or ink cartridges, bulbs, compact discs, digital tapes, etc.
- Batteries, internal or external to the Product that are not original equipment manufacturer ("OEM") regardless whether such batteries are rechargeable or not, and non-rechargeable OEM batteries.
- External faults such as wiring, electrical connection or plumbing, piping, trunking, fitting, realigning of signal receivers (poor reception), and consequential loss of any kind.
- Repairs necessitated by intentional physical damage or damage by water submersion.
- Failure caused by a voltage converter, power outages or surges (unless covered under the Power Surge Protection), inadequate or improper voltage or current.
- Cost of diagnosis where no defect has been found or noted.
- On-site service charges.
- Shipping charges and damage, express service charges, transportation damage, removal, installation or reinstallation of the Product unless specifically mentioned in the Contract, products on loan during the repair process.
- Commercial use (multi-user organisations), public rental, use for profit or communal use for multi-family housing.
- Any loss or damage to the Product resulting from fire or flood, howsoever caused.
- Any loss or damage to the Product resulting from an act of God (including without limitation, events such as earthquake), war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations, civil war, civil commotion.
- Any liability arising out of implied warranties of merchantability, implied warranties of fitness, and strict liability.
- Any loss or damage to the Product due to negligence of any kind.
- Any loss or damage caused by accident, neglect, animal and insect and/or organic infestation (from internal and/or external sources), abuse, misuse, burglary, theft, sand, water damage, corrosion, battery leakage, acts of god, commercial usage (except for office products such as facsimile machines, copiers, scanners, printers and computers),
- Reception and transmission problems resulting from external causes.
- Any failure, malfunction, defect, inoperability, breakdown, disruption, or stoppage of the product or any product, functions or the functions of any related to, directly or indirectly any design, planning or engineering incompatibility, omission or deficiency with the incidence of the year 2000.
- Use of the service in any illicit trade or transportation or in the commission of a felony.
- Any liabilities arising from the Product or the use of it.
- Any acts of fraud, or other dishonest or criminal acts.
For Service in Malaysia - Call COURTS Cover Extended Warranty Hotline 1800 18 1108
When the Product failure occurs due to an electrical or mechanical defect, you must call the COURTS Cover Extended Warranty Hotline at 1800 18 1108 to report the failure during office hours. Our Customer Service Representatives will be ready to guide you through the service process. To expedite service, please ensure that you have your Contract details readily available before placing the call. If the failure is not reported to us prior to repair, the repair will not be approved. If the original manufacturer's warranty is still valid, you are required to utilise the original manufacturer's warranty notwithstanding that the Contract is already in force.
Repairs must only be carried out by a repairer nominated by us on each occasion and is subject to pre-authorisation from us. During the duration of the Contract, portable items should be brought to our nominated repairer. All other items will be subject to call-out service. For all repairs, the Contract sales receipt/invoice for the Product must be presented.
Termination of Contract
The Contract will terminate if any of the following events occur:-
- upon expiry of the Contract;
- if your Product is surrendered to COURTS; or
- upon your written notification to us of cancellation of the Contract together with surrender to us of the original sales receipt/invoice within 30 days of the date of purchase of the Contract.
COURTS retain the right to terminate the Contract if any installment payment under the Credit Sale Agreement for the Product remains unpaid for a period of 3 months and all fees paid to COURTS in relation to this Contract shall be non-refundable and shall be forfeited absolutely.
The Contract is a service contract for repair services. The Contract is not an insurance policy or guarantee given by COURTS relating to the nature of the material, workmanship or performance of the Product save for the Additional Benefits wherein a master insurance policy has been issued by AIG in favour of COURTS for the benefit of its customers who have purchased a Product under the Contract.
Assignment of Contract
If you sell or transfer your Product to another consumer within the period of the Contract, you must call the COURTS Cover Extended Warranty Hotline within 14 days and effect the transfer of the Contract in writing. It is also important to report your new address if you move and take the Product with you. You may only transfer this Contract if you have purchased the Product by cash or if you have fully settled and discharged all your obligations and liabilities under the Credit Sale Agreement relating to the Product.
Personal Data Protection
This Contract is subject to terms and conditions set out below. Kindly take a few moments to check that all the particulars, specifically your personal information printed in this Contract are correct. Failure to revert within 14 days from the date of this Contract will mean that all your personal information contained herein are complete, true and accurate. Any personal information collected by and retained by us is for the purpose of fulfilling Our obligations under this Contract as well as to update you on any of our related services. Kindly be informed that in order to fulfill our obligations under this Contract, we will provide your personal information to AIG, which in turn may be disclosed by AIG to individuals, service providers & organizations associated with AIG or any other selected 3rd parties (within or outside of Malaysia, including reinsurance & claims investigation companies & industry associations) for the purpose of storing and processing this application and providing subsequent service(s) for this purpose, AIG's financial products and services and data matching, surveys and to communicate with you for such purposes and in order to support back-end processing and services associated with this Contract. You understand that you have the right to obtain access to and to request correction of any personal information held by us and/or AIG concerning yourself. Such request can be made by contacting us as stated above. By submitting your personal information, you are indicating your consent to allow us and/or AIG or any other selected third parties to keep you posted on any other products, services and upcoming events. If you do not wish to be contacted by us or AIG, you can opt out anytime by writing to us or AIG, as the case may be.
Notwithstanding that this Contract may be reproduced in several languages, the English version shall prevail.
I hereby having read and understood the terms and conditions, agree to be bound by the same.
NOTE: Signature(s) of Purchaser/Co-Purchaser are not required if you are signing a Services Agreement with COURTS.