Extended Warranty - Instant Replacement
STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS GOVERNING COURTS’ INSTANT REPLACEMENT PLAN SERVICE CONTRACT (“CONTRACT”) FOR ELECTRICAL & I.T. PRODUCTS
THE INSTANT REPLACEMENT PLAN SERVICE CONTRACT:
This Contract provides for the replacement of the product purchased by you (“Product”) if found to be defective during the term of one (1) or two (2) year(s) from expiry of manufacturer’s original written warranty, depending on the tenure of the Contract purchased by you. When the Product failure occurs due to an electrical or mechanical defect, you will receive a brand new replacement product of like kind, quality and value. Once the Product has been replaced, the Contract will automatically terminate.
The Product must be purchased new from Courts (as defined below) and if not purchased simultaneously with the Product, the Contract relating to the Product must be purchased by you within 30 days from the delivery date of the Product. The duration of the Contract is 1 or 2 years commencing from the purchase date or delivery date of your Product (whichever is later) and expires on the relevant anniversary of the selected period chosen.
The Contract only covers a Product which:
(i) is purchased new from Courts.
(ii) is manufactured for use in Malaysia.
(iii) has, at the time of purchase, the manufacturer’s complete and original warranty that is valid in Malaysia.
(iv) in the case of consumer Products such as electronics and major appliances, is or has been limited to domestic and personal use. Office Products such as facsimile machines, copiers and computers are covered for small office/home office use only.
In this Contract, the following words have the following meanings:
(i) “we,” “us” and “our” or “Courts” refer to COURTS (MALAYSIA) SDN BHD (Co No. 198601005660) (154820-D)
(ii) “you” and “your” refer to the Customer or Purchaser and if applicable, the Co-Purchaser of the Product covered by the Contract. (iii) “Coverage” means coverage for mechanical and electrical defects in the Product.
In order to qualify for a Product replacement, you must present this Replacement Plan Service Contract (or where applicable, Courts’ Service Agreement evidencing your purchase of this Service Contract) and all original product receipts. Therefore, it’s important to place these documents in a safe place.
EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE:
LIABILITY: Your maximum entitlement shall in no event exceed the actual purchase price of the covered Product. You would be required to pay for the additional amount if the Replacement product value is more than the purchase price you paid for your original Product. We shall not in any event be liable to person or property for any incidental, contingent, special or consequential damages. This contract is non-transferable.
CANCELLATION: This Contract shall also be cancelled for any fraud or material misrepresentation, including but not limited to commercial or rental use and unauthorized repair of the covered Product.
For Service in Malaysia ➡ Call Courts Cover Extended Warranty Hotline 1800 18 1108
- Products that are still covered by the manufacturer’s original written warranty, repairer’s warranty, or any other warranty in effect.
- Problems or defects not covered under the original manufacturer’s primary written warranty.
- Any defects that are subject to the manufacturer’s recall.
- Your failure to comply with the manufacturer’s recommendations to you on routine maintenance, inspection, cleaning, lubrication, external adjustments or alignments and any other instructions.
- Non-operating and cosmetic items, paint, color, or Product finish; accessories used in or with the Product; cables, cords, cartridges and stylus, tapes or software (including software bundled with a personal computer); add-on options incorporated in a Product for which options are not essential to the basic function of the Product.
- Unauthorised modifications made to the Product and/or problems/defects arising from such unauthorized modifications; altered serial numbers; failure to follow manufacturers’ instructions on installation, operation or maintenance; repairs performed by non-authorised repairer; any items not affecting the function of the Product; image burn.
- Software (including operating system and any stored data), defects resulting directly from software installation and or removal, computer virus, virus prevention, and other peripherals.
- Repairs to hardware that has been added after the original purchase of the Product.
- Consumables such as vacuum cleaner belts, toner, print or ink cartridges, bulbs, compact discs, digital tapes, etc.
- Batteries, internal or external to the Product that are not original equipment manufacturer (“OEM”) regardless whether such batteries are rechargeable or not, and non-rechargeable OEM batteries.
- External faults such as wiring, electrical connection or plumbing, piping, trunking, fitting, realigning of signal receivers (poor reception), and consequential loss of any kind.
- Repairs necessitated by intentional physical damage or damage by water submersion.
- Failure caused by a voltage converter, power outages or surges, inadequate or improper voltage or current.
- Cost of diagnosis where no defect has been found or noted.
- On-site service charges.
- Shipping charges and damage, express service charges, transportation damage, removal, installation or reinstallation of the Product unless specifically mentioned in the Contract, products on loan during the repair process.
- Commercial use (multi-user organisations), public rental, use for profit or communal use for multi-family housing.
- Any loss or damage to the Product resulting from fire or flood, howsoever caused.
- Any loss or damage to the Product resulting from an act of God (including without limitation, events such as earthquake), war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations, civil war, civil commotion.
- Any liability arising out of implied warranties of merchantability, implied warranties of fitness, and strict liability.
- Any loss or damage to the Product due to negligence of any kind.
- Any loss or damage caused by accident, neglect, animal and insect and/or organic infestation (from internal and/or external sources), abuse, misuse, burglary, theft, sand, water damage, corrosion, battery leakage, acts of god, commercial usage (except for office products such as facsimile machines, copiers, scanners, printers and computers).
- Reception and transmission problems resulting from external causes.
- Any failure, malfunction, defect, inoperability, breakdown, disruption, or stoppage of the product or any product, functions or the functions of any related to, directly or indirectly any design, planning or engineering incompatibility, omission or deficiency with the incidence of the year 2000.
- If Product is not submitted for replacement within thirty (30) days of its breakdown.
- Use of the service in any illicit trade or transportation or in the commission of a felony.
- Any liabilities arising from the Product or the use of it.
- Any acts of fraud, or other dishonest or criminal acts.
When the Product failure occurs due to an electrical or mechanical defect, you must call the Courts Cover Extended Warranty Hotline at 1800 18 1108 to report the failure during office hours. Our Customer Service Representatives will be ready to guide you through the service process. To expedite service, please ensure that you have your contract details readily available before placing the call. If the failure is not reported to us prior to your request for replacement, the replacement will not be approved. If the original manufacturer’s warranty is still valid, you are required to utilise the original manufacturer’s warranty notwithstanding that the Contract is already in force.
Replacement must only be carried out at a Courts’ retail outlet nominated by us and is subject to pre-authorisation from us. During the duration of the Contract, portable items should be brought to our nominated retail outlet. All other items will be subject to call-out service. For the replacement, the Contract sales receipt/invoice for the Product must be presented.
Termination of Contract
The Contract will terminate if any of the following events occur:-
(i) upon expiry of the Contract;
(ii) if your Product is surrendered to Courts; or
(iii) upon your written notification to us of cancellation of the Contract together with surrender to us of the original sales receipt/invoice within 30 days of the date of purchase of the Contract.
Courts retain the right to terminate the Contract if any installment payment under the Credit Sale Agreement for the Product remains unpaid for a period of 3 months and all fees paid to Courts in relation to this Contract shall be non-refundable and shall be forfeited absolutely.
This Contract is a service contract. This Contract is not an insurance policy or guarantee given by Courts relating to the nature of the material, workmanship or performance of the Product.
Assignment of Contract
If you sell or transfer your Product to another consumer within the period of the Contract, you must call the Courts Cover Extended Warranty Hotline within 14 days and effect the transfer of the Contract in writing. It is also important to report your new address if you move and take the Product with you. You may only transfer this Contract if you have purchased the Product by cash or if you have fully settled and discharged all your obligations and liabilities under the Credit Sale Agreement relating to the Product.
Personal Data Protection
This Contract is subject to terms and conditions set out below. Kindly take a few moments to check that all the particulars, specifically your personal information printed in this Contract are correct. Failure to revert within 14 days from the date of this Contract will mean that all your personal information contained herein are complete, true and accurate. Any personal information collected by and retained by us is for the purpose of fulfilling our obligations under this Contract as well as to update you on any of our related services. Kindly be informed that in order to fulfill our obligations under this Contract, we will provide your personal information to AIG Malaysia Insurance Berhad (“AIG”), which in turn may be disclosed by AIG to individuals, service providers & organizations associated with AIG or any other selected 3rd parties (within or outside of Malaysia, including reinsurance & claims investigation companies & industry associations) for the purpose of storing and processing this application and providing subsequent service(s) for this purpose, AIG’s financial products and services and data matching, surveys and to communicate with you for such purposes and in order to support back-end processing associated with this Contract. You understand that you have the right to obtain access to and to request correction of any personal information held by us and/or AIG concerning yourself. Such request can be made by contacting us as stated above. By submitting your personal information, you are indicating your consent to allow us and/or AIG or any other selected third parties to keep you posted on any other products, services and upcoming events. If you do not wish to be contacted by us or AIG, You can opt out anytime by writing to us or AIG, as the case may be.
Notwithstanding that this Contract may be reproduced in several languages, the English version shall prevail.
The Customer and if applicable, the Co-Purchaser hereby acknowledge and declare that they have read and understood the terms and conditions stated herein and agree to be bound by the same.
NOTE: Signature(s) of Purchaser/Co-Purchaser are not required if You are signing a Services Agreement with Courts.